Friday, April 08, 2011

My Wishes

I wish Congress couldn't get a pay raise as long as Social Security recipients couldn't get a cost of living increase (COLA).

I wish Congress couldn't get a pay raise until the deficit was zero dollars.

I wish Congress couldn't get a pay raise until our economy was completely perfect.

Today, when the government might shutdown, I wish instead that the rank and file government jobs would not be shut down. And that Congress would work without pay until the budget was properly balanced. This would also help in other ways. Congressional pay could help the government put back some of the money they've stolen from Social Security over the years. The Congress would have incentive to balance the budget. I'm seeing loads of possibilites here!

I wish that Congress did not receive their salaries for life. They need incentive to keep "we the people" happy and healthy.

I wish "Obamacare" was swiftly repealed. It just isn't right to try to fix healthcare by taking money from one group (medicare seniors and medicare disabled) to make it "better" for another group. That's why the healthcare problem hasn't been "fixed" before! Once again... Taking money from Congress would be okay with me!

I wish the media wasn't biased. If only there were a way to FORCE them to be truthful, honest, and UN-biased. I'll have to give this some thought!

I wish I could slap Nancy Pelosi without getting in trouble. (Pipe dream)

I wished all politicians told the truth 100% of the time. Note: I'm not talking about disclosing things we don't need to know. People who think we need to be informed of every litte thing need to grow a brain. If our government "kept us informed", they would also be informing our enemies! We live in the digital age, people!

That's enough of my venting... for now. Stay tuned.

0 comments: