Monday, January 16, 2012

Doggies

Since I was a small child, I've had pets. Cats, dogs, a parakeet, a hamster, and some ducklings who adopted my Mom.

As an adult, I've stuck with cats because it was easier for me. Though many would argue the point as the numbers grew and I became the quintessential cat lady.

My boyfriend brought home a doggie the other day! A beautiful female Terrier pup! I don't have any experience with terriers and uber-high energy dogs, but how hard could it be?

Oh. My. Word!!! JUMPING and CHEWING and CHASING (my cats), OH MY! Those little fingernails that scratch my legs. Those little teeth that chew my shoes, tissue, paper towels, furniture! And this little doggie likes snacks straight from the litter box!

I'm a logical intelligent person. I've bought chew toys and better treats. I even taught Lady to fetch. Of course, fetching comes natural, so I can't claim any expertise.

I've watched training videos on the internet, and I've read articles written by experts and common sense folks alike. Finding the time and energy and patience is the difficult part.

I know. I know. I shouldn't have a dog or cat if I don't have the time for them. So, I DO make the time. Playing is easy! Training is hard.

Lady is calling me now, so I don't have time to continue writing this post...

2 comments:

Trish said...

1/18/2012 Hinson: Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I've got running to do this morning/afternoon.

Our magic jack is the only thing working, I put it in a message on F.B.

Home ph. is OUT until Fri. afternoon & I leave at 5:30 am, back 1/30.

Trish said...

So HOW IS IT GOING w/the puppy? I am NOT a fan of terriers, except for Yorkies or Silkies. Most terrier's are Too HYPER as you were experiencing. I do not care for the Jack Russells at all or the Fox Terrier's. I've been around both & both are annoying. Hope it got better for you.